Clinical Supervision of Substance Use Disorder CounselorsWith Dr. Nola Veazie
This Training Event is sponsored by CADTP Sponsors, Low Cost Interlock and SavePlus Insurance Services. Complimentary morning and afternoon refreshments, and lunch will be provided.
Clinical Supervision of Substance Use Disorder Counselors
August 4, 2023 • 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
California Endowment Center, Los Angeles
6.0 CEUs • Cost: $70.00
This cognitive behavioral training delineates the difference between administrative and clinical supervision. The training uses techniques created by Rollnick and Miller (Miller & Moyers, 2006) to help supervisors conceptualize training based on team member’s stage of development; readiness to improve performance, and sustained behavioral change. The training accomplishes this through the use of exercises and case studies that allows participants to practice newly acquired skills.
Using Motivational Interviewing (MI) in clinical supervision goes beyond the four foci of supervision (administrative, evaluative, clinical, and supportive), it provides a forum for seasoned supervisors to increase their skills by taking an individualized approach that focuses on stages of developmental readiness for change.
- Acquire knowledge about supervision and the differences in foci between administrative and clinical supervision.
- Apply MI concepts in supervision to increase understanding of:
- How to elicit and strengthen change talk in unmotivated staff?
- Increase staff effectiveness using a staff-centered approach
- Increase conflict resolution skills
- Address difficult behavior in the workplace
- Learning to supervise clinical staff (how are their needs different from non-clinical staff).
- Understanding the AOD/ACA code of conduct and how to use it to develop counselor.
Dr. Nola Veazie
Founder and Chief Operating Officer
V-Solutions Consulting, LLC
Dr. Nola Veazie holds doctorate degrees in Psychology and Leadership and Organizational Management. She is the Founder and Chief Operating Officer of V-Solutions Consulting, LLC a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). For the past ten years, V-Solutions have provided training and consulting services, staff development, and continuing education units. Dr. Veazie is an editorial board member for the International Journal of Education, Culture and Society. Dr. Veazie is a retired Air Force Veteran with 22 years in the fields of mental health and addiction. She is published in several peer-reviewed journals and has several books.