This presentation is designed to teach you how to think like a supervisor, how to use your clinical skills to challenge and support staff while ensuring quality control. Through role-plays, demonstrations, videos, lecture, and examples, you will learn how to avoid the most common mistakes, deal with the anxious student and the empowered seasoned clinician and learn the ins and outs of group supervision. You will transform your existing supervisor skill set and set yourself apart from other supervisors by watching this video!
You will take away essential components of clinical supervision leadership styles and time management, use of parallel process and groups, ethics and accountability. At the core we ll walk through the developmental stages of clinical development so you can anticipate and address the challenges and dangers ahead as staff hone their skills.
In an engaging and interactive format (and a touch of humor), you ll learn clear strategies and specific techniques for being the best supervisor you can be! Whether you are a new supervisor in a helping profession, supervising other supervisors, or wanting to gain a fresh perspective, this program will leave you feeling creative and energized.
* Identify the characteristics and challenges of the four-stage developmental model of clinical supervision
* Identify the four most common supervisory mistakes
* Explain the concept of parallel process and how it affects the supervisory and clinical dynamics
* Recognize core ethical and liability concerns
* Describe various methods of clinical training
* Discuss six types of leadership styles
* Core Concepts
* 4 Stages of Professional Development: Characteristics, Tasks, & Dangers
* Assessment of the Clinician & Development of Supervisory Plans
* Ethics, Liability, & Recordkeeping
* Methods of Clinical Training
* Management Issues
* The 4 Supervisory Mistakes You Never Want to Make
Please bring proof of vaccination to the training. If you do not have proof of vaccination, we do require a mask.