SUD Counselor Education
Locate schools and universities for CADTP approved SUD Counselor education.
CADTP accepts most accredited colleges and
SUD Education Providers
Search by Category and Name for colleges and universities offering Substance Use Disorder education below. Click on the entity name for more information and links to the education provider.
Educational Content Areas
Minimum hours for each area are 45 (which is equal to
- Introduction and Overview
- Physiology and Pharmacology of Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Law and Ethics
- Case Management: Assessment, Orientation, Treatment Planning
Relapse Prevention/Aftercare Planning and
- Individual, Group and Family Counseling
- Personal and Professional Growth
- Supervised Practicum
- Supervised Field Work Practicum (Internship)
If you would like to have your transcript reviewed before you apply to take the exam to see if you have met the educational requirements you will need to complete the Education Review Application.
Become an Approved Education Provider
Looking for CEUs?
To view approved CADTP approved CEU providers